Our community has detailed architectural guidelines that must be strictly followed by every resident as noted in the Brookwood CCRs and Architectural Guidelines.
Prior approval is required before starting any projects that alter the exterior of your property.
Please Plan to submit forms for review 2-4 weeks prior to project begins.
Exterior Painting (Paint Approval Form)
- Our CCRs indicate that for the re-paint of the same color, no pre-approval is required. Due to excessive fading on some homes, the HOA must be notified in advance of painting, and color samples provided so the project can be confirmed as a repaint. Samples, as noted above, are required for HOA files records before painting commences.
- For new colors, the ARC form must be completed and approval provided by the Architectural Review Committee.
Sheds and Playhouses (Shed/Play Approval Form)
Our CC&Rs were written in 2000 for a new and developing neighborhood. Neither the CC&Rs nor the Architectural Guidelines provide guidance for building a shed. The Board and Architectural Design Committee have implemented the following guidelines effective April 10, 2020 for building a shed or play structure in your yard.
- The shed must match your home exactly including horizontal lap siding, color and roof pitch and shingles. If you have a full stucco home, you may instead use horizontal siding on the shed.
- Lean-to sheds are permitted ONLY if the shed will be fully integrated into the side of the home.
All Other Exterior Work Below (Architectural Review Approval Form)
Landscaping CCRs Article lll, Section 3.4
Fencing CCRs Article lll, Section 3.14
- Architectural Guidelines Article 4 Design Criteria 4.16
- Fence Diagrams
- Cedar fences should be stained and repaired as needed to maintain a fresh, clean appearance.
- In Brookwood, we stain our fences Sherwin Williams Semi-Transparent Cedar Bark SW 3511.
Exterior Remodeling CCRs Article lll, Section 3.3
Retaining Walls Architectural Guidelines Article 4 Design Criteria 4.08
Landscape Lighting Architectural Guidelines Article 4 Design Criteria 4.12
Pet Enclosures Architectural Guidelines Article 4 Design Criteria 4.11
Satellite TV Dish Installations CCRs Article 3, Section 3.9
- Please Install in the least conspicuous location possible.